Friday, April 5, 2013

3/9/13

#66 arrived into KIN bright and ugly at 6:17 am. Because I had checked a bag to BOS, I continued to BOS. (Besides I wanted more train time!) 66 arrived into BOS early at 7:42 am. (RTE and BBY are both "D" stops.)

#66 delivers checked baggage right from the baggage car at South Station. But it was not aboard, so I had to go to the baggage claim office, it came in the night before on #448 from CHI.

I left my bags with the Red Cap (to allow for early boarding). Mike (the Red Cap) asked me "Didn't you go out on #449 last week?" That small statement earned him an extra tip!

#161 departed right on time at 9:40 am. It was announced over the PA that 161 was "very full".

Due to track work near Quonset Point (RI) that shut down one track, 161 arrived KIN about 15 minutes late.

No comments:

Post a Comment